Sunday, September 10, 2017

Work and Play

Adulting is hard, am I right? Yes, I am. Being a productive adult is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Harder than any college coursework, harder than any break up I've had to get over, harder than letting go of the things I loved most. Why is that? 

It could be because it is a constant struggle. A daily struggle of getting up, going to work, being the best person, friend, and teacher I can. Every. Single. Day. It takes a lot of work. And most of the time, I let myself get consumed with my work, and I forget to relax and live my life. 

Being a teacher is time consuming. Planning, prepping, teaching, constantly answering questions, analyzing data, reteaching what you've already taught. The cycle is constantly evolving, and constantly repeating itself. Now, don't get me wrong, I love what I do, and I can't imagine doing anything else, but that doesn't mean I don't struggle to get everything done, or like it some days. 

My point is, find a balance between your work life and your real life. Work should not be your entire life. It should be part of it, part of you, but not entirely. Remember to relax, laugh, take a nap, and live your life with those who matter most. That's why weekends were created anyway. ;) 



So, next time you're feeling overwhelmed, take a step back. You may need a break from your job. It's refreshing to step back and then come back recharged and better than before. I promise it will help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment