Monday, September 11, 2017

Accountability

Being accountable and being held accountable are two very important things when it comes to reaching one's goals. No matter the goal, if you're accountable and have someone there holding you accountable, you're more likely to stick to something. 

Last week, when I decided to take a new fitness class I've never heard of/didn't know I'd like, I made sure to tell my friend I'd be there because I knew I'd go if I made that promise. Today, when I decided I'd go on a bike ride, I made sure to tell my best friend, because I knew I'd go if I told someone. I went both times and I loved both workouts. I had so much fun at the Refit class (Zumba) that I'm going back tomorrow! My bike ride today was relaxing and calm and just what my soul needed. I felt like Snow White at one part because I was the only human around and I saw so many different animals. 

I am so glad I took that step and told somebody I would work out, because I did. Find yourself someone who will make sure you're accountable, because let's be honest, even if you're so determined to reach a goal, sometimes we still fall short. It ain't easy changing your ways, your habits, or achieving something you've never achieved before. It's hard as hell and sometimes we need a little extra push from those around us. There's no shame is asking for help. 



Make up your mind, follow through, and keep going. Ask for help along the way. Stumble, fall, but always get back up. Life is a journey and it's never a choice to give up on the goals you want to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment