Wednesday, August 16, 2017

First Night of Change

 Change is a part of life. Sometimes, it's because of bad circumstances, but, sometimes, you are in control of change, and that type of change can for the better. You are in control of your life and only you can make those changes for the better. 

Last night was the first (official) night in my townhouse. The first night where I don't have any plans of returning to my parents' house, the first night of this new chapter in my life. It's both exhilarating and frightening at the same time. I am so excited about creating my own life, my own routine, and seeing what I can do when I have complete control over how things go. However, at the same time, I've never been completely on my own, and I am scared of what that means, or how it could go. I know I will learn along the way and make mistakes, but the thought of creating something all for myself fills my soul with pride and love. 

I've always been afraid of taking chances. I was always the well calculated girl who never did anything without thinking it through, and I would have never moved away just because I wanted to. I didn't go to college at Northern Michigan University because it was too far away from my mom (let's all laugh at that together). But now, I am a different person. I have grown up, gotten more confident in myself, and learned that taking chances can lead to greater things. 




Life is too short to be anything but happy. Take that job, go on that date, get on that airplane. If it will make you happy, I promise it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment