Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hump Day Motivation

You know that little voice inside your head? The one that tells us skipping a workout is okay? The one that tells us, "oh, we'll get to it tomorrow"? Sometimes, it is okay to listen to that voice. Our bodies get tired, both physically and mentally and we just need a break. Sometimes, making memories with loved ones is more important than a workout. 

But, sometimes it's not okay to listen to that voice.

Sometimes, we need to listen to that other voice. That voice of reason, reminding us of our goals and the hopes we set for yourselves. That voice, doesn't want us to be disappointed in ourselves, yet again, for quitting something we wanted so badly. This voice, helps us prioritize and make time for the things we really want: a healthy, active lifestyle. 

Today, I listened to the latter, and I'm on Day 5 straight of working out. And I. Am. Proud. I'm proud that I've stuck to a goal (so far), I'm proud that I'm making the time, and I'm proud that instead of giving in to the exhaustion from work, I reminded myself of my goals. I made it a goal to workout 21 days straight, and if I do, I'll reward myself with a gym membership. And I really can't wait to get back into the gym! 


What did you do today to help you get one step closer to your goal? 

I rode 8 miles on the stationary bike in 40 minutes! 

Happy Hump Day! 



Until next time,
Anneke

No comments:

Post a Comment